Best Equipment For A Home Gym
Before we show you the best equipment for your home gym. Let’s talk benefits of having workout equipment at home first:
Increased motivation. If there are dumbbell staring at you every day, they may just motivate you to pick them up. Then put them down. Then hopefully pick them up again.
Convenience. Whether you’re a gym rat of a newbie, there are things you’ll need to do at home to get better or stronger or leaner. Accessory work is needed, recovery will mean more than taking a nap and consistency will mean that sometimes you’ll need to get a workout in on limited time.
You’ll save money. If you don’t have $100 a month to sign up for an upscale gym or don’t want to burn $10 a month to share weight machines with a guy working out in distressed denim, in the long run, purchasing a few versatile fitness items is going to be a lot more cost effective.
Planning Your Home Gym and Equipment Purchases
Will You Use It?
If you hate running… buying a treadmill is a waste of money. Just like purchasing an indoor cycling bike makes zero sense if you’re going to let it collect dust and not use it. The point is to allow your interests to dictate what equipment you buy, not the other way around. Buying equipment thinking, “if I buy this, I’ll finally start working out at home,” is a trap. Start with a product that doesn’t intimidate you or require too much assembly, even takes up too much room. But most importantly, be certain it is something you will actually use.
10 Home Gym Equipment Must Haves!
How Much Am I Willing To Spend?
No reason to try to build out Gold’s Gym at once. But if you’ve got a garage, you’ve got holy land for an at-home gym. The basement leaves tons of options as well. But first you need to know what you’re willing to spend. We think these products are a must have, regardless of your total budget you can buy premium products or products at discounted rates to save money.
Featured Product: Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar
- Ideal for pull-ups, push-ups, chin-ups, dips, crunches, and more
- Three grip positions, narrow, wide, and neutral
- Uses leverage to hold against the doorway so there are no screws and no damage to door. Installs in seconds.
- ONE SOLUTION…MANY BENEFITS: Burns Muscle, Burns Fat, Increases Endurance & Improves Flexibility. No matter the goal, TRX Suspension Training will push you to the limits and encourage results.
- ON THE ROAD, OR ON THE GO: Portable and convenient for travel. Your TRX Suspension Training Basic Kit was designed to go where you go. Work out in the comfort of your home, in your office, at the camp ground, or in your hotel room. TRX Suspension Training Basic Kit was designed to adapt to any workout environment.
- PRO-ATHLETE TESTED: Sold to EVERY MLB, NBA, NHL and NFL team. Used by professional Golfers, Fighters and Olympic Swimmers, Runners & Skiers. This is your opportunity to train like the pros!
8. Foam Roller
- FOAM ROLLERS FOR MUSCLES – LuxFit High Density Foam Roller is great for Physical Therapy, before or after Exercise, Yoga, and Massage Therapy. Foam Muscle Rollers helps to relieve Muscles Tension and increase Muscle Reflexology. Form Roller. Body Roller
- FOAM EXERCISE ROLLER HELPS PREVENT MUSCLE INJURY – Perfect for positioning, balance, postural and muscle re-education, spinal stabilization, body awareness and coordination, ranging and strengthening activities. Yoga – Fitness Foam Roller. Foam Roller for IT Band
7. Resistance Bands
- Great with any workout. This resistance band set can be integrated seamlessly with every popular workout program including P90x, Insanity, Crossfit, Beach Body, Yoga, Pilates and more. Or use them for general exercise, stretching, strength training, power weight programs. The included carry bag makes it easy to take your bands with you and do any workout away from home or your home gym.
- Multiple uses. While these resistance bands are often used for sports and fitness, physical therapists love these physical therapy bands (rehab bands) to help them rehabilitate their patients. Our stretch bands work especially well for people suffering from leg, knee and back injuries and help in recovery from torn MCL and ACL, knee replacement, patella and meniscus rehab. They are also perfect for use by women during pregnancy and after birth to keep their bodies in shape.
- Superior quality. All of our exercise resistance bands are thoroughly tested before we ship them out to you. This ensures your bands are easy on skin and free from defects and will provide you with a worry free experience. Take a look at our bonus instructional booklet and eBook, where we include dozens of different illustrated exercises that demonstrate how to use our resistance bands for legs, arms, back, shoulders, ankles, hips and stomach.
6. Cardio Machine: Like an exercise bike!
Featured Cardio Machine: Body Rider Exercise Upright Fan Bike (with UPDATED Softer Seat)
5. Adjustable Dumbbells
Featured Product: Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells (Pair)
- Each dumbbell adjusts from 5 to 52.5 pounds; adjusts in 2.5-pound increments up to the first 25 pounds
- Lets you rapidly switch from one exercise to the next
- Combines 15 sets of weights into one, using a unique dial system
- Eliminates the need for multiple dumbbells cluttering your workout space
4. Jump Rope
Featured Product: Jump Rope – Premium Quality – Best for Boxing MMA Fitness Training – Speed – Adjustable – Survival and Cross
Achieve your best workout with jump ropes & speed ropes.
3. Ab Wheel
- Industrial steel core chisels abs, obliques, hip flexors, legs, and triceps, making this a must-have core workout equipment
- Secure reinforced plastic tread won’t break under strenuous pressure and slides across any surface while retaining build
- Ergonomic handles ensure a non-slip grip so that you can sweat it out without losing your hold for an intense and uninterrupted ab workout
- Compact and lightweight ab roller wheel is simple to pack-and-go for traveling
2. Medicine Ball
Ask any trainer and they’ll tell you that kettlebells are here to stay—and they work. Here’s why: kettlebell exercises demand the use of multiple joints, which engages all the larger muscles of the body. Compound kettlebell moves burn calories faster than isolation moves, which only work one muscle.